The Concert Hall is located on the second floor of Victoria Hall in downtown Cobourg. The Hall was first opened in 1860 by the Prince of Wales. History tells us that he danced the night away, to the obvious delight of Cobourg matrons. Designed by the famous Canadian architect, Kivas Tully, the Hall soon became the legal political, and cultural centre of Cobourg and Northumberland County.
The Grand Concert Hall’s restoration to its former Victorian grandeur was completed in 1983. It is an elegant room elaborately hand painted in “trompe l’oeuil” style, replicating the original colours and patterns on the walls and ceilings. The Hall has been restored to retain its acoustical quality and can accommodate performances from solo recitals to musicals. Victoria Hall was a recipient of The National Award of Merit from Heritage Canada.
The concert hall is available on a rental basis.